Community collaboration is the hallmark of the Partnership for Better Health. Only together will we achieve the goal of ensuring a healthy community. The foundation leads a variety of health partnerships and supports collaborations led by various local groups.
Cumberland County Health Improvement Partnership Program (CC-HIPP) is comprised of health and human service leaders who strive to assess and collectively address gaps in health-related services. The foundation serves as the group’s coordinator.
Perry County Health Coalition is dedicated to improving access to health care for all county residents. Together with county commissioners, the United Way of the Capital Region, area health systems and a host of regional health leaders, Partnership for Better Health is designing new strategies and leveraging resources to grow a healthier Perry County.
Partnership for Better Health’s Youth-Serving Professionals Forum supports and inspires the work of area school health councils and youth-serving community based organizations. The forum features a series of annual trainings and information sessions that showcase emerging school and community strategies to improve childhood and adolescent health.
Go Local for Health is an annual summit dedicated to building regional connections that support a comprehensive, holistic approach to health. The summit is coordinated by South Mountain Partnership and the foundation serves as a planning team partner and sponsor.
Additional community groups that we are pleased to join and support, include:
- Community Partners for Change
- Cumberland Conservation Collaborative
- Cumberland County Food System Alliance
- Cumberland-Perry Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition
- Community-Based Empirical Research Center and College-Community Partnerships at Dickinson College
- Greater Carlisle Area Chamber of Commerce
- Perry County Family Services Partnership Board
- Shippensburg Human Services Council
- South Mountain Partnership
- United Way of Carlisle & Cumberland County
- UPMC Nurse Family Partnership Program- Community Advisory Board