PA Health Funders Collaborative
The Partnership for Better Health is an active member of the Pennsylvania Health Funders Collaborative (PHFC), a group of 40 health foundations across the state that strives to improve the effectiveness of funders’ initiatives by collaborating, networking, sharing best practices and advancing a unified voice among funders working in communities across Pennsylvania. PHFC seeks to enhance access to high-quality and cost-effective health services to meet the needs of the Commonwealth’s most vulnerable populations.
PHFC’s core goals are to:
- Build knowledge of current developments and intersections in health philanthropy and state health policy;
- Enhance awareness of funders’ current grant initiatives and funding priorities to identify areas of convergence
- Develop networks and explore opportunities for collaborative grantmaking;
- Leverage expertise and resources for greater impact; and
- Establish or support opportunities for shared funding for specific projects.
Cumberland County Food Systems Alliance
The new Cumberland County Food System Alliance was formed after a year of planning with a wide range of organizations. The alliance’s goal is to develop a sustainable local food system that promotes economic vitality, increases food security, encourages wellness and advances community resilience. For more information visit: www.foodsystemalliance.org.